Big T's

Big T's

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Who Wants To Go Fishing?


Many of you know that the red snapper season is open for only 9 days this year in federal waters and that starts this coming Sunday. Because many of us involved in racing are so busy on the weekends, I decided to check into a trip down to Destin during the middle of the week.

An 8-hour charter session on the New Florida Girl Party Boat run by Captain Jim Westbrook is what we settled on. It only costs $80 per person and it is located in Destin, Florida. This is a video I made about four years ago. It was on the New Florida Girl and it was actually my very first trip going deep sea fishing. It should give you some idea of what you can expect.
Be sure to check out the number of views on that video - and I didn't even show anyone fishing because I was so busy fishing myself. Captain Jim sure knows how to find the fish and everyone had a blast.

Call (850) 837-1293 to reserve your space on the New Florida Girl. You don't have to pay until you get there.

Being as frugal as I am,  I started looking for a clean decent place to stay and  I quickly started looking at hotels located a little bit away from the beach because I was finding those rooms were going for about $200 or more per night. What I found was the Best Western Crossroads Inn in Defuniak Springs. The owner is an American and he speaks fluent redneck. Well, at least he understood me. His name is David Dye and he is a fisherman himself. His son-in-law happens to own a charter boat if anyone is interested in going out on say just a "tiny" 40 foot boat.

Anyway, David is willing to offer any Deep Dixie Racing followers a ten dollar discount off of their normal $90 rate. Just call them at 850/892-5111and ask for the Deep Dixie Racing special ($79.95). This price will be good Sunday through Thursday, June 1st - 5th. See what Tripadvisor says about the Best Western Crossroads Inn by clicking here.

A free breakfast is being offered too. David says it is a real breakfast, not just some pastry and cereal.

Just checking into and planning a trip has gotten me excited about going fishing. If any of you would like to join in, call and book your room and schedule your passage today. This could just turn out to be a whole lot of fun. Wednesday June 4th is the day I am shooting for to go fishing. Why don't you guys come join me? The day we have decided to go out on is Thursday June 5th.


Best Western Crossroads Inn

New Florida Girl Party Boat Fishing