Big T's

Big T's

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Truth Is.......

God loves us and He wants to have a relationship with each and every one of us. That is why he sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins. Wil Herrington understands that and has accepted Jesus as his personal savior. Wil publicly proclaimed it by being baptized this past Sunday. Being that he is such a fine young man and he is very popular as an up-and-coming race car driver, a lot of people are taking note of this baptism. It caught my attention Sunday afternoon as photos of the event started popping up on Facebook.

The Randy Travis song Baptism immediately came to mind as I first saw these photos.

Right from the start, I figured this wasn't no ordinary baptism when I saw who the pastor was who had done the ceremonial dunking. It was none other than the Reverend Todd Shearin who is the track announcer at Cochran Motor Speedway. You see, I have known Brother Todd for several years now and I hold him in high regard. Brother Todd isn't afraid to share his love for Jesus and has been doing it for some time within the racing community as well as with his church congregation.
I think the original idea was to keep the baptism a simple affair but word filtered out and I heard that 50-60 people showed up at the river to watch and appreciate what the Good Lord has done. After Brother Todd had done baptized Wil, he offered up the opportunity for others to do the same and a stranger, who had been down at the river swimming, actually took him up on the offer. Praise God!

Since Sunday, I have been in touch with both Wil and Brother Todd and we have tentatively set up an opportunity for an interview at Cochran Motor Speedway this next Saturday night at around 6:00 PM. Brother Todd has already been doing these types of interviews and I am just going to be there to film it so that I can put it online so that others may benefit from it too.

You see, I know that when God is involved in something, you just don't know how far He is going to take it. I personally know a few of the good ole boys who need a good dose of the Holy Spirit. What would be a blessing for me is to have some of those guys to get saved and then everyone would be thinking about another Randy Travis song the next time Brother Todd does a baptism, Pray For The Fish.
 

On a serious note, Pam and Glen Herrington have a lot to be proud about when it comes to Wil. They have obviously raised that boy right.I am honored to call Wil Herrington my Christian brother.

Thanks to Mona Sinyard for the photos.