| Dirt racing’s ultimate spectacle of speed returns to The Dirt Track at Charlotte Thursday through Saturday, as the Bad Boy Off Road World of Outlaws World Finals builds to a crescendo with three days of wheel-to-wheel, dirt-flying excitement around Charlotte’s four-tenths-mile clay oval.|
Here’s a look at eight things to keep an eye on during the Bad Boy Off Road World of Outlaws World Finals, dirt racing’s most unforgettable weekend:
• THREE’S COMPANY: This weekend marks the season finale for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Cars, World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Models and Super DIRTcar -Block Modifieds;
• WEEKEND: Donny Schatz has his eighth World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car title and third in a row in hand, while Josh Richards is ready to celebrate his record fourth World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model crown. Matt Sheppard leads the way in the quest for the Super DIRTcar ;
• WHAT A GATHERING: Fans from 47 U.S. states and six countries will converge on dirt racing’s premier October attraction at The Dirt Track at Charlotte;
• TIES: Several sprint car competitors compete for teams owned by Sprint Cup Series drivers, including Schatz (Tony Stewart Racing), Daryn Pittman and Brad Sweet (Kasey Kahne Racing) and Shane Stewart (Larson-Marks Racing). Clint Bowyer also owns late model cars driven by Don O’Neal and Darrell Lanigan;
• FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: Fans of all ages can take in the Bad Boy Off Road World of Outlaws World Finals, with kids’ tickets starting at just $10 plus tax for Thursday and $15 plus tax for Fridayand Saturday;
• IT’S THE PITS: In addition to autograph sessions on the concourse, fans can buy pit passes that provide up-close views of the cars and a chance to speak with the drivers and crews;
• TEST AND TUNE: In addition to racing action, Bad Boy Off Road will have side-by-side vehicles available for fans to test-drive on a custom-built test course on the grounds of The Dirt Track;
• SALUTE YOUR SWARTZ: Acclaimed dirt-racing legend Charlie Swartz – who in the 1980s drove the revolutionary “Wedge car” that won the 1982 late model Dirt Track World – will serve as Grand Marshal for this weekend’s festivities.
Fans can buy tickets to the Oct. 27-29 Bad Boy Off Road World of Outlaws World Finals by calling 1-800-455-FANS (3267), or visiting http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/tickets/. Tickets are also available at the speedway ticket office.
Fans can connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway by following on Twitter and Instagram or become a Facebook fan. Keep up with all the latest news and information with the Charlotte Motor Speedway mobile app.