Big T's

Big T's

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting To Know USCS Sprint Car Series' Morgan Turpen


Morgan Turpen will be racing this weekend at Albany Motor Speedway when the USCS Sprint Cars come to South Georgia.  She is the only female driver currently participating in that series on a regular basis and is currently 2nd in the points chase.  The last race in the series was run on September 2nd at Toccoa Speedway and Morgan actually won that race.  Deep Dixie Racing thought that many of you would like to get to know Morgan a little bit better so we sent her a questionnaire.Her answers come after the break.



Full name: Morgan Elizabeth Turpen                       

Age: 19

School Attending: Southwest Tennessee Community College

Years racing: 9

Best racing memory so far: Winning Races! Besides that it would be winning rookie of the year in 2010 and finishing 2nd in points behind my awesome teammate, Terry Gray.

Favorite track: Carolina Speedway

Hobbies outside of racing: Softball, the lake, and family and friends

Favorite sport other than racing: Love watching football and love playing softball

When I'm not at the track, you can find me: Studying at home or hanging with friends/family

On an off weekend, you can find me: At the race track!

Pets: Lizzie (shih-tzu) and Rizzy (Lhasa-Apso)

Favorite movie: Footloose

Favorite TV show: House Hunters
 

Favorite book: The ones I have to read
 

Favorite music: Country
 

Favorite artist: Kenny Chesney
 

Favorite websites: hoseheads.com
 

Favorite restaurant: Texas Roadhouse
 

Current car: Volkswagen Jetta
 

Dream car: 4 door GMC Denali with a 4 inch lift and pimp wheels
 

What you’ll find on my iPod: Mostly country, a little Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa, and some Chevelle and Metallica
 

Favorite phone app: Facebook
 

If I could meet anyone, I’d meet: Jeff Gordon
 

One thing people don’t know about me: I love to dance
 

If you could trade places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be? I love my life, wouldn’t trade it for anything.
 

Before the race, I always: Pray and make sure bolts are tight
 

I knew I wanted to be a race car driver when: I first sat in a go kart
 

Who do you admire? My mom!

Read Raceweek Illustrated Article About Morgan's Victory At Toccoa Speedway By Clicking Here.

Prices for this weekend:
Friday Night Grandstands
Adults - $15
Kids 12 and under - Free
Friday Night Pits
Adults - $25
Kids 6-12 - $10
Kids 6 and under - Free

Saturday Night Grandstands

Adults - $20
Kids 12 and under - Free
Saturday Night Pits
Adults - $30
Kids 6-12 - $10
Kids 6 and under - Free
 
 
Click on image to enlarge.