Big T's

Big T's

Sunday, April 29, 2012

NASCAR Racing On Saturday Night Is Just Wrong (All Linked Up)

Here I sit on a Sunday afternoon bored to deathWhy?  Well, to me, there is no good reason.  Usually, on Sunday afternoon I can be watching or at least be listening to a NASCAR race as I complete working on videos or photos I've taken at a local short track.  For the second time this month, that is not the case.  This stinks to high heaven. Why oh why does NASCAR have to race on Saturday night?

It really sucks to have to make a choice between NASCAR and going to see racing at a local short track.  I love to do both.  Who are the culprits who make us choose?  Is it NASCAR?  Is it the sponsors?  Is it the track owners?  I am not sure myself but I think they ought to be taken out and shot, you know, put them out of my misery.

I made my decision to support the local tracks each of these two nights when NASCAR went head to head with them.  Fortunately, I have recorded those NASCAR races and they are on my DVR.  The bad thing is that I probably won't ever take time to watch them because I already know who won.  Even if I did watch them, the sponsors would be out of luck because there dang sure ain't no way that I intend to watch the commercials

So who wins in this situation?  I'm thinking no one does.  If NASCAR wants to race at night, please try another night than Saturday.  How about Sunday?  Yeah, that's the ticket.  Make it so that the only races NASCAR runs at night are the Sunday nights before a Monday holiday.  That way we would all still have a day to recover before we have to go back to work.  Otherwise, just race on Sunday afternoon.  That sure would make a lot of us happy. We wouldn't have to make such a difficult decision then and no one loses.