Big T's

Big T's

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Getting To Know Chase Elliott

Full name: William Clyde Elliott II.
Nickname: Chase. That was a nickname given to me when I was born.
Years racing: Eight years.
Best racing memory so far: Winning the Snowball Derby in December 2011.
Favorite track: I’d say Dover (Del.) International Speedway. It just has a lot of character to it, and there’s no track I’ve seen that compares to it.
Hobbies outside of racing: I’ve always been a fan of riding dirt bikes and stuff like that. I also enjoy snowboarding.
Favorite sport other than racing: I’d have to say college football, specifically Georgia.
When I'm not at the track, you can find me: At the shop more than likely.
On an off weekend, you can find me: I guess it depends what time of year it is. In the summer, I’m riding dirt bikes somewhere. In the winter, I’m hanging out at the house.
Pets: A dog named Skamp, and a cat named Oakley.
Favorite movie: “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows”
Favorite TV show: “NCIS”
Favorite book: I don’t read much, but I used to be a fan of the Harry Potter books.
Favorite music: I’m pretty easy. I guess country would be my favorite.
Favorite artist: Jake Owen
Favorite websites: iRacing.com is always a good one. That, and Twitter (@ChaseElliott).
Favorite restaurant: Olive Garden. Pretty much anything there I’d be happy with for the most part, but I’d say chicken parmesan would have to rate at the top.
Current car: 2008 black Chevrolet Silverado.
Dream car: Honestly, I’d love a ride in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
What you’ll find on my iPod: Anything and everything.
Favorite phone app: Probably have to be Twitter.
If I could meet anyone, I’d meet: God. There’d be a lot of things I’m sure I’d want to ask him.
One thing people don’t know about me: I do a lot of iRacing.
If you could trade places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be? God. That’d be pretty cool.
Before the race, I always: Say a prayer.
I knew I wanted to be a race car driver when: When I would go to the track with my dad as a young kid.
Who in your family are you closest to? My mom and dad.
Who do you admire? Jimmie Johnson because of his accomplishments.

(Thanks to Megan Whiteside of Hendrick Motorsports for this Q&A info.)