Big T's

Big T's

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Videos: 441 Speedway 5/5/12

It was another great night of racing at 441 Speedway last night.  Justin McCorkel and his staff do an excellent job of putting on a race as they are constantly putting both fans and drivers first.  Everyone I spoke with had high praise for the track.  What really impressed me though was the new track configuration.  The steep banking makes for some exciting racing.  If you haven't seen it yet, go check it out.  You should really enjoy the show.  In the meantime, check out the video of last night's action.

1st Feature


2nd Feature

3rd & 4th Feature

5th Feature

6th Feature

Fan Appreciation Photo Story


Last night and this morning I have spent time doing something I truly enjoy and that is covering stock car racing.  God has blessed me by allowing me that passion.  The trouble is that a lot of times, I don’t make it to church on Sunday mornings because I have to stay up all night working.  Take today for instance.  I got to bed a little before 6:00 AM.  I slept for a brief period and then got back up to complete my work.  Yeah, I feel guilty.  At least I did for a little while. 

Most of you who know me realize that I am not one to beat people over the head constantly regarding my faith.  Often, I do incorporate Christian music into my work and I like to treat it sort of like my own personal ministry.  Christian music tends to keep me focused on my relationship with Jesus Christ.  My hope is that when others listen to it they may possibly be influenced somehow too. 

Well, as I was doing my work this morning, I learned that the mother of Russell Lovett passed away on Friday.  I knew she had been sick and in the hospital for a while. Russell is a great friend to our racing community.  We at Deep Dixie Racing will be listing Russell’s Blog Talk Radio show Motorsports Weekly on our front page in another effort to help keep people informed about what is going on in the world of short track racing.  Russell does a great job of doing just that.  Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult time. 

The music selection for the Fan Appreciation at 441 Speedway may not appeal to a lot of folks but it is what it is.  In this case, it is an expression of my beliefs.  Jesus Christ is the solid rock, He is in the business of saving souls, and I BELIEVE!  The last verse in the Dailey & Vincent song made me think of Russell’s mother too.