Big T's

Big T's

Friday, July 29, 2016

15-year old Blankenship makes his Late Model debut at NFS


Parker Blankenship will drive for the Cribbs family at NFS Summer Slam
Photo from Parker Blankenship


By ROB LEE
LAKE CITY, Fla. (July 26)
“Well, for me, I'm approaching this weekend with a learning attitude.”
It is not the dirt racing that is new to 15-year old Parker Blankenship, but the high caliber dirt Late Model stock car is.
...
  The Lake City teen makes his dirt Late Model debut at Saturday’s Summer Slam event at North Florida Speedway.
  The 2015 NFS Rookie of the Year finished third in the Box Stock class and graduated to a pavement Late Model this year. He is racing the Georgia Outlaw Late Model Series at Crisp Motorsports Park in Cordele, Ga. Even only running half the races in his family-owned machine he is ninth in points.
Blankenship will wheel the No. 14 Cribbs Brothers Racing/Willow Transport Rocket chassis with Green Flag Automotive power


“I believe that, if you don't try, you cannot succeed,” Blankenship said. “This is definitely a curve ball, knowing I've been on asphalt the past half of this year, but with God on my side I know that I'm in good hands and I have to strap in that car knowing he's got this.”
With $2,000 up for grabs Blankenship knows the competition will be tough.
“I expect it to be a challenge so I will approach it like one. I know that this is a big step, but I also know that if you never try, you will never know the circumstances and you won't have that knowledge behind you.”
He is no stranger to victory lane since he had three Box Stock visits there in 2015. This is a different level.
“Definitely nervous like others would be, but I also know that there’s gonna be mistakes made and I may not catch on my first time out there, but that's all part of learning something new.”
This is a step for a young driver striving to make this his livelihood in the future.
“This is a dream come true. I love learning new racing aspects and getting new opportunities. I have been searching and searching for new opportunities in racing because I want to go somewhere with this. I will do my best to make the best out of this.”